Systems engineer / Application scientist at ELoDiz Ltd
Elodiz is looking to recruit a systems engineer / Application scientist
We are looking for a PhD or experienced Master in science (engineering, chemistry or physics) for a new and challenging project on spectroscopy.
Elodiz is a member on an H2020 consortium and we are looking to expand our Research team for this and other projects.
You will serve as the Lead Systems Engineer/ Scientist for a spectroscopy project, your role shall include: system analysis, data gathering, project management, experimental design, and data presentation.
You will lead, coordinate, and participate in system analysis, design, prototyping, and installations on host platforms and field-testing activities on our spectroscopy projects.
You will be responsible for day- to- day technical execution and leadership of the project at Elodiz.
You will be responsible for tracking the technical progress and making technical decisions and directions where necessary
You will assume the task to organise student’s internship within associated partners and local universities if required.
You will develop test plans, coordinate review and approval through consortium representatives.
You will lead the spectroscopy analysis team in pre- and post-test analysis and reporting
Working with the Principal investigator to Prepare project deliveries and external communications
· Scientific degree in sciences, ideally PhD level, experienced Master, Bsc will be suitable with Spectroscopy background (Raman, FTIR, NIR…)
· Good knowledge of spectroscopy hardware and data interpreatation
· Ideally with proven work experience as system engineer and or Application scientists.
· It is expected that you have a Hands-on experience in development/manipulate/run spectroscopy devices and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience
· Knowledge of chemometrics software packages is good to have and MS Office is a must to have
· Knowledge of matlab coding is suitable
· Understanding of metrology is a plus
· Strong communications skills for Preparation of oral presentations, publications and other technical documents is a must
· Hands-on approach to install and support customers with their products
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· An ability to deliver projects and answer inquiries on time
· Capability to travel to our partners sites within the EU.
• Basic salary based on experience (25-37k£) + performance bases bonus
• Company phone and computer
• Pension Plan
• Flexible hours
• Job open to people entitled to work in the UK. We Are not likely considering candidates without this right. For European candidates, we can support new visa rules applications only for exceptional candidates.
• We encourage the application of people of all backgrounds, ages, etc.
• Potential candidates must pass a DBS Check before accepting a job offer
For further details contact us at:
subject: Charisma jobs